Award Tracker & ACLog 6.x Not Working Well for K4QR

K4QR created the topic: Award Tracker & ACLog 6.x Not Working Well for K4QR

1 month 1 week ago

Hi,

I am a brand new user of "Award Tracker". I just installed it (Award Tracker 2.3.0) today (10/31/2017).

However, I soon got disillusioned with it's integration with ACLog v6.x.

First, I ran into a discrepancy in the tally of DXCC entries (countries) between Award Tracker & ACLog.
I initially asked Award Tracker to show my ARRL DXCC standings. It reported a tally of 85 countries; yet, ACLog's awards tally showed 99 countries. LoTW directly says 101 countries & the ARRL recently awarded me my DXCC 100 award. I tried to experiment around to find why ACLog (more correctly) tallied 99 countries while Award Tracker tallied 85 but to no avail. Perhaps, there's a discrepancy in the country files that ACLog v6 is using and what Award Tracker is using? I did update the "support files" in Award Tracker.

Second, Award Tracker just simply throws an ugly error message when I query my ARRL DXCC award status but ONLY IF I enter certain parameters. The error message is:

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.
ERROR [22018] [Microsoft] [OBDC Microsoft Access Driver] Data type mismatch in criteria expresssion."

If I click Continue, the program (Award Tracker) does nothing. No report is generated.

That ugly ERROR message occurs WHENEVER I enter:

Select Award: QSL
ARRL > DX Century Club X-QSL Rec
Type: All

Type: Card

Type: LoTW

Type: Card + LoTW

Type: eQSL

However, it WORKS (no ugly error message occurs) when I enter:
Select Award: QSL

Type: LoTW Confirmed => Results Tally = 85

Type: LoTW Verified => Results Tally = 0

Curiously, NO error messages occur when I select award: ARRL WAS.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

W5DJT replied the topic: Award Tracker & ACLog 6.x Not Working Well for K4QR

1 month 3 days ago

Anthony,

Version 2.3.2 is the latest version. Can you install the update and report back to let me know if that resolved your issues?

Thank you,

David
W5DJT

K4QR replied the topic: Award Tracker & ACLog 6.x Not Working Well for K4QR

4 weeks 1 day ago

Hi,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I just checked the version of Award Tracker that I am using an it's your latest 2.3.2. However, the same errors (bugs? or just pilot errors on my novice part) are still occurring when I run 2.3.2.

Tony/K4QR

W5DJT replied the topic: Award Tracker & ACLog 6.x Not Working Well for K4QR

3 weeks 22 hours ago

Tony,

The issues you were experiencing should be resolved in the latest version. 2.3.3.

David
W5DJT

Copyright © 2017 Amateur Radio Station W5DJT. All Rights Reserved.
Joomla! is Free Software released under the GNU General Public License.